A certified financial planner, certified public accountant and personal financial specialist, Darren has more than 20 years of experience in the financial advisory world. His fee-only approach gives clients confidence that his services and recommendations are independent and free from conflict. For Darren, fee-only comprehensive financial life planning is putting clients first, understanding their personal life goals, and then building comprehensive financial plans that will help them achieve those goals.
A strong advocate of socially responsible, values-driven investing, Darren educates clients that they can indeed build an investment strategy in line with their personal values. He has authored many articles and appeared on various TV and radio financial programs about this topic through the years.
Darren is a partner in EKS Associates, as well as its affiliate, Access Wealth Planning, LLC. Prior to this, he gained valuable financial and client service experience as the Director of Internal Audit of a multinational manufacturing firm and as an audit manager at Ernst & Young.
In recognition of his work and the value he provides, Darren has been:
- Named a FIVE STAR Professional Wealth Manager for 2017, marking the fifth time he has been recognized;
- Featured on News 12 NJ's financial program, It's Your Money , First Business News TV's Investing Climate , and Money Radio 1510's Business For Breakfast broadcast;
- Published and/or quoted in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal , Redbook magazine , CNBC.com, Yahoo! Shine, Financial Advisor , Private Asset Management , and Plan Sponsor, among others; and is
- A regular contributor to the "Local Voices" blog on Patch.Princeton.com.
- Financial Planning Association
- Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Society of Public Accountants
- Recurring educator at the Princeton Adult School, teaching a variety of financial planning and investment courses
- Educates seniors at the Princeton Senior Resource Center on Senior Day
- Volunteer presenter on financial topics to community and resource centers, non-profit groups and businesses
- Supporter and sponsor of Cranford Jaycees.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, King's College
- CFP® designation, College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado
- Completed the financial planning program at Fairleigh Dickinson University
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) designation, only granted to CPAs who meet stringent requirements of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)