A certified financial planner and certified public accountant, Howard has been providing financial planning, tax planning and investment advisory services since 1989. His fee-only approach to comprehensive financial planning provides clients with confidence that his services and recommendations are in their best interests and free from conflicts. Howard draws on his years of expertise and proven process to develop an appropriate financial plan for clients, only after spending time with them and learning their life goals. He believes this makes a profound difference in both the plan and the results. Clients, including doctors, scientists, educators, singles and business professionals, appreciate Howard's planning style, methods and track record and can attest to his passion.
Howard is a partner in EKS Associates, as well as its affiliate, Access Wealth Planning, LLC. His ability to make sense of life's challenging financial situations, using strategic thinking, creative solutions, and education, has attracted positive attention. He is a regularly quoted and published author and frequent, long-time educator and presenter on a variety of financial planning and investing topics.
In recognition of his work and the value he provides, Howard has been:
- Included in Medical Economics magazine's annual "Financial Advisors for Doctors" nationwide listing every year since 2010;
- Named a FIVE STAR Professional Wealth Manager every year since for 2015;
- Featured on News 12 NJ's It's Your Money , FoxBusiness.com, TheStreet.com, TimeMagazine.com, WebCPA.com, CNN.com, Princeton TV's Only Seniors show, and The Home and Family Finance Show on Radio America;
- Published and quoted in the New York Daily News , The Wall Street Journal , The New York Times , New York Post , Newsday , Huffington Post , Chicago Tribune , Private Asset Management , Daily Finance , PlanAdviser , Financial Advisor, Accounting Today , Money magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance , Practical Tax Strategies , Fortune magazine, and Investment News ;
- Contributing articles, blog posts and expertise for NJMoneyHelp.com, "Local Voices" blog in the Patch.Wayne.com; and prior to The Star Ledger retiring its popular business columns, "Ask the Biz Brain" and "Get With The Plan," Howard was frequently cited for his expertise in the Q&A columns.
- Financial Planning Association
- Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Frequent presenter at local panel discussions and national summits, including a guest speaker at The Star Ledger's Annual Road to Personal Wealth Conference, 2011, 2013, and 2014;
- Volunteer for the FPA's "Philadelphia Financial Planning Day," offering pro bono financial advice to residents in need;
- Recurring educator at the Princeton Adult School, teaching a variety of financial planning and investment courses;
- Instructs candidates studying for the CFP® exam in the course area of taxation;
- Educates seniors at the Princeton Senior Resource Center on Senior Day;
- Volunteer presenter on financial topics to community and resource centers, area universities, and non-profit organizations;
- Serves as Treasurer and sits on the Executive Committee of Shomrei Torah Synagogue in Wayne, NJ.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Binghamton University
- Certified Public Accountant
- CFP® designation, College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado