"I believe the work we do positively impacts our clients' lives. We have meaningful conversations about what they wish to accomplish for themselves and their families. These revelations - combined with an in-depth financial review of their current position - helps clients to define their success by more than the performance of their portfolio. When all is said and done, individuals measure their lives not by the numbers on their investment report, but on how fulfilled a life they led."
Howard Hook is a principal and senior wealth advisor with EKS Associates and its affiliate, Access Wealth. A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional and Certified Public Accountant, he has more than 30 years of experience in the financial advisory profession.
His independent, fee-only approach to comprehensive financial planning provides clients with confidence that recommendations are in their best interest, free from conflict, and tailored to meet their needs and goals. His planning style is unique, incorporating considerable time for client education, as he believes understanding the approach makes a profound difference in clients' lives.
Howard is passionate about supporting charitable causes. He helps like-minded clients by determining how much they can afford to give, the best ways to give, and the best time to give.
In recognition of his work and the value he provides, Howard has been named a FIVE STAR Professional Wealth Manager in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019; as well as being included in Medical Economics magazine's annual "Financial Advisors for Doctors" nationwide listing every year since 2010.
Writing and Speaking Accomplishments
- Regular contributor to NJMoneyHelp.com (syndicated through NJ.com and The Star-Ledger) and SBH Physician magazine
- Interviewed by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune, New York Post, Newsday, Huffington Post, Financial Advisor, Money, Chicago Tribune, Kiplinger's Personal Finance and many other local and national publications
- Featured on News 12 NJ's It's Your Money, WABC Radio, CNN.com, TimeMagazine.com, FoxBusiness.com, CNN.com, TheStreet.com, TimeMagazine.com, Princeton TV's Only Seniors show, and The Home and Family Finance Show on Radio America
- Former contributor to The Star-Ledger's two finance columns (before they were retired), New York Daily News "Daily Views" column, and The Wayne Patch
- Two-time panelist and breakout speaker at The Star-Ledger's Annual Road to Personal Wealth Conference
- Sits on the Board of Directors of HomeCare Options
- Teaches a variety of financial planning and investment courses at Princeton Adult School
- Member of Shomrei Torah Synagogue's Finance Committee and past Treasurer and Vice President of Finance and Fundraising (Wayne, NJ)
- Volunteer presenter on financial topics to community and resource centers (including the Princeton Senior Resource Center), area universities, and non-profit organizations;
- Past volunteer for the FPA's "Philadelphia Financial Planning Day," offering pro-bono financial advice to residents in need
- Financial Planning Association
- Princeton Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Binghamton University
- Certified Public Accountant
- CFP® designation, College for Financial Planning in Denver, Colorado