Howard's client base is diverse, and he likes it that way, ranging from small business owners to professionals to retired individuals. To serve them all well, he relies on his ability to adapt financial plans to different situations and think creatively to solve their problems. But no matter who he's helping, he's found there is one way to tell if what he's doing is working.
"There's a certain point with every client when you can actually see the look of relief on their face. They grasp the fact that their plan is right for them, it's doable, and it will help get them where they want to be. They feel like they finally have a direction, and I'm happy to be able to give them that," says Howard.
Howard is a partner in EKS Associates, as well as its affiliate, Access Wealth Planning, LLC. Prior to this, he held positions at a prominent New York City accounting firm, as well as one of the largest financial institutions in the country. He has extensive experience in the fields of financial planning, retirement planning and asset portfolio management and combines his expertise with his natural hands-on style to deliver personalized plans that work.
A skilled presenter, Howard has taught "Investment ABCs" at the Princeton Adult School in Princeton, New Jersey, and "Financial Strategies for Successful Retirement" at Fairleigh Dickinson University and Bergen Community College. He is also a contributor to the firm's newsletters, writing on a variety of financial planning and investing topics.
- Financial Planning Association
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from Syracuse University
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) designation, only granted to CPAs who meet stringent requirements of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).